On the northern and southern sides dry riverbeds and a dam border the camp. There are large trees along the streams and dry riverbeds. Special care has been taken to preserve the natural vegetation in the camp. Berg-en-Dal is also the only camp set in a rugged mountain environment.
Kruger Park Main Camps
The Kruger National Park offers a wide variety of accommodation, in size, facilities and visual appearance.
Each of the Main Camps has its own selection of accommodation types.
Below is a basic description of the accommodation types the Kruger National Park has to offer:
- Luxury Guest Houses – These are very luxurious multiple bedroom and bathroom units with a lounge area and often with bar facilities (on request only) and an exclusive view. All the units are air-conditioned.
- Cottages – Multiple or Single bedroom units all with their own living rooms, bathrooms and kitchens. All the units are air-conditioned.
- Bungalows – Single bedroom units with a bathroom. Some Bungalows have perimeters or river views. All the units are air-conditioned.
- Huts – These are single room units with no bathrooms. Communal ablution facilities must be used. All the units are either air- conditioned or fitted with ceiling fans.
- Safari Tents – These are permanent canvas tent bedrooms on permanent concrete platforms. Communal ablution facilities must be used. Units are fitted with fans.
- Tents – This refers to tents and camping in open areas inside most of the camps. Communal ablution facilities must be used.
All accommodation units are serviced daily and bedding, towels and soap are provided, except when you are camping.
Adapted accommodation equipped for paraplegics and other mobility impaired persons is available at most of the main rest camps.
Some Facts:Kruger Park Main Camps,Luxury Guest Houses,Cottages,Bungalows,Huts,Safari Tent,Tents,South West Kruger Camp,Letaba River Camp,South East Camps,Mopani Camp,Olifants Rest Camp,Western Camp,Punda Maria Camp,Roodewal Bush Lodge,Central Camps,Shingwedzi Camp,Kruger HeadQuarters,PVT Camp,Pretoriuskop Camp,Crocodile Bridge Camp.