Tintswalo Safari Lodge is an exclusive 5-star safari lodge under traditional grassing, situated on the Private Manyeleti Game Reserve concession within the Greater Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga.
Tintswalo Safari Lodge is situated along a seasonal river bed among an ancient sycamore tree grove, and big five game viewing offer clients the ultimate luxury safari experience. The six spacious and sumptuous suites all have private decks and a plunge pool, and overlook a waterhole frequented by variations of wildlife. Each suite is also authentically decorated to recall the pioneering times of the nineteenth century African explorers they are named for.
The mostly untouched reserve; shares unfenced borders the Kruger National Park to the east, the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve on the north, and the Sabi Sand Reserve on the south. Each of these areas is renowned in their own right for excellent safari and wildlife experiences and there is almost no other area like it left in South Africa. Of the entire 22 000 hectares that comprises this luxury lodge, there is only one other concession owner on the property.
Tintswalo’s schedule is arranged around your personal routine. A typical day could begin with early morning game viewing, breakfast in the bush, more game-viewing, an al fresco lunch or high tea, followed by some much-needed leisure time at the lodge.
Guests can also browse around our small but exclusive library of rare books, or relax completely in our five-star Vital Source Spa.
Exclusive Game Viewing with a Luxurious Twist
- Game viewing at Tintswalo takes place on foot or in individually seated open game vehicles. The vehicles are fully equipped with spotlights for night viewing, radios for communication, mosquito repellent, ponchos for wet weather, and individual blankets to keep guests cosy if nights turn chilly
- We ensure our guests enjoy a truly five-star wildlife-viewing experience at our lodge by placing a canvas ‘goody’ bag containing binoculars, reference books, and treats on each seat for their use before the drive begins
- Walks in the reserve are guided through the ever-changing environment of the African bush. This experience allows guests the opportunity to come away with information on local wildlife, and insight into the local Shangaan traditions
- All of our experienced and professional guides are fully accredited, and are always accompanied by skilled trackers who know their surroundings well
- Afternoon game-viewing is followed by a sunset sun-downer stop, and your day is perfectly rounded off with a magnificent candlelit dinner
- Visits to surrounding areas and attractions can be arranged at an additional charge