Simbavati River Lodge
Simbavati takes its name from the local Shangaan language, translated as “the place where the lions come down from the stars”. The focus of the lodge is on the excellent big-5 game viewing, breathtaking views, friendly and knowledgeable staff in an environment where guests are made to feel comfortable and relaxed from the moment they arrive.
Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.
The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.
Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities
The lodge offers Big 5 game drives in the early morning and late afternoon/evening to ensure game viewing when the animals are most active. Nocturnal animals, including the big cats are regular sightings at night.
Currently there are over 40 mammal species in the Timbavati including the Big 5 of lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant as well as 360 species of bird life.
- Early morning tea/coffee overlooking the river on the deck
- Game drive (approx 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Mid morning breakfast/brunch on the dining deck
- Time at leisure (use of the swimming pool, books and board games on offer, relax in the lounge area and use the free Wi-Fi, cocktails on the deck or take a look around our well stocked curio shop)
- Afternoon high tea (combination of high tea & Lunch) on the dining deck
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approx 3+ hours). With a sundowners stop in the bush
- Dinner on the deck or sometimes around the fire in the open air boma (weather permitting)